Fire at a property in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Part of North Walsham's town centre was cordoned off and businesses were forced to close when a fire broke out in a flat above a shop.
Fire crews from Cromer, Mundesley, Stalham, Aylsham stations were called to the home above Caton's, a second-hand furniture shop, in Market Street at about 4.30pm on Saturday (July 28).
The busy street was closed to pedestrians and vehicles as crews tackled the blaze, and luckily, no-one was injured.
Firefighters remained at the scene until just after 8.15pm.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said: 'They use hose reel jets and main reel jets to extinguish. Appliances were there till about 8.15pm.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans