Fire at a property in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Part of North Walsham's town centre was cordoned off and businesses were forced to close when a fire broke out in a flat above a shop.
Fire crews from Cromer, Mundesley, Stalham, Aylsham stations were called to the home above Caton's, a second-hand furniture shop, in Market Street at about 4.30pm on Saturday (July 28).
The busy street was closed to pedestrians and vehicles as crews tackled the blaze, and luckily, no-one was injured.
Firefighters remained at the scene until just after 8.15pm.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said: 'They use hose reel jets and main reel jets to extinguish. Appliances were there till about 8.15pm.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?