Final week for artists’ entries into Sir John Hurt art prize at Holt Festival
- Credit: Archant
The deadline to enter this year's Holt Festival Sir John Hurt art prize is approaching.
The competition closes at midnight, on Sunday, June 17.
And organisers say the prestigious prize has already received almost 200 entries.
A shortlist of 25-30 works will be selected following the deadline and be exhibited at the Auden Theatre, in Holt.
The winner will be announced on Sunday, July 22, and the winning artist will receive a cash prize of £1,750 and the chance to exhibit their work at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to all types of visual art.
The closing date for Holt Festival open studio is also on Sunday, June 17.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 5 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
Artists within 15 miles of Holt are invited to enter the event, held on July 21 - 23.
Art director James Glennie said: 'The art prize and open studio are great opportunities for emerging and established artists.'
Entry forms are available from the festival website.