Final week for artists’ entries into Sir John Hurt art prize at Holt Festival
- Credit: Archant
The deadline to enter this year's Holt Festival Sir John Hurt art prize is approaching.
The competition closes at midnight, on Sunday, June 17.
And organisers say the prestigious prize has already received almost 200 entries.
A shortlist of 25-30 works will be selected following the deadline and be exhibited at the Auden Theatre, in Holt.
The winner will be announced on Sunday, July 22, and the winning artist will receive a cash prize of £1,750 and the chance to exhibit their work at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to all types of visual art.
The closing date for Holt Festival open studio is also on Sunday, June 17.
- 1 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 2 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 4 Pub shuts for 10 days - a few days after reopening
- 5 Music festival postponed due to 'sharply rising' Covid cases
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 8 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
Artists within 15 miles of Holt are invited to enter the event, held on July 21 - 23.
Art director James Glennie said: 'The art prize and open studio are great opportunities for emerging and established artists.'
Entry forms are available from the festival website.