Festival ideas to boost resorts
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.
The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
Literary and arts events were among the suggestions which will now be explored by a joint publicity committee which has already been set up to boost the two resorts and the Runtons in between.
About 30 people attended an explanation day at Cromer's Community Centre where Sheringham mayor Noel Gant updated invitees on the progress made so far, and his Cromer counterpart Hilary Thompson outlined the aims of the initiative.
Cromer town clerk Julie Chance said some positive ideas came out of the session which would be explored further in the New Year.
Thoughts of running a fun day had not received much support and would be shelved as a joint venture, but could still be explored as a Cromer-only event.
- 1 Village pub reopening after £20k refurbishment
- 2 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 3 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 4 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 5 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 6 Norfolk woman wins national science teaching award
- 7 Norfolk man runs 68 miles in one day for charity
- 8 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 9 Sheringham artists preparing for fourth exhibition together
- 10 7 of the prettiest cafés to visit in Norfolk
Two hundred people had been invited to the explanation day, and the turnout possibly reflected the difficult times being faced by the leisure industry, she added.