Festival ideas to boost resorts
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.
The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
Literary and arts events were among the suggestions which will now be explored by a joint publicity committee which has already been set up to boost the two resorts and the Runtons in between.
About 30 people attended an explanation day at Cromer's Community Centre where Sheringham mayor Noel Gant updated invitees on the progress made so far, and his Cromer counterpart Hilary Thompson outlined the aims of the initiative.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer town clerk Julie Chance said some positive ideas came out of the session which would be explored further in the New Year.
Thoughts of running a fun day had not received much support and would be shelved as a joint venture, but could still be explored as a Cromer-only event.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 5 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 8 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
Two hundred people had been invited to the explanation day, and the turnout possibly reflected the difficult times being faced by the leisure industry, she added.