Festival ideas to boost resorts
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
A drive to find more out of season festivals is among the ideas to promote tourism in the Cromer and Sheringham area.
The plan emerged from a forum of people from the leisure industry in and around the two towns.
Literary and arts events were among the suggestions which will now be explored by a joint publicity committee which has already been set up to boost the two resorts and the Runtons in between.
About 30 people attended an explanation day at Cromer's Community Centre where Sheringham mayor Noel Gant updated invitees on the progress made so far, and his Cromer counterpart Hilary Thompson outlined the aims of the initiative.
Cromer town clerk Julie Chance said some positive ideas came out of the session which would be explored further in the New Year.
Thoughts of running a fun day had not received much support and would be shelved as a joint venture, but could still be explored as a Cromer-only event.
- 1 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 10 Free trees on offer at country park event
Two hundred people had been invited to the explanation day, and the turnout possibly reflected the difficult times being faced by the leisure industry, she added.