Norwich-based charity gets boost from flying club
- Credit: EDP © 2001
A Norwich-based charity has benefited by more than £800 as a result of its Spring Coffee Morning fundraising event held on April 28.
The event, held at Felthorpe Flying Group's Club House in Felthorpe, raised a total of £820 for the MS Therapy Centre Norfolk, which is based in Norwich.
'Despite the continuous downpour of rain throughout the day, there was still a very good turnout of people to support our first fundraising event of the year,' said fundraiser June Collingwood.
'We are very grateful to Felthorpe Flying Group for the use of their facilities and to all those who came along to support or help on the day, which resulted in such a fantastic amount being raised. It will certainly make a marked contribution in helping the therapy centre to continue providing the professional services the centre offers to anyone in Norfolk with a neurological condition.'
The star raffle prize was an hour's flight along the Norfolk coast, which was won by Sarah Chow, a fitness trainer from Norwich.
Bobby Gotts of Felthorpe Flying Group said, 'It's a wonderful amount they have raised and we are pleased to give our support to such a worthy local charity.'
The MS Therapy Centre Norfolk offers help, support, professional services and a wide range of therapies to people in Norfolk who have any type of neurological condition, including stroke, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis and Motor Neurone Disease. The community based multi disciplinary team include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, counsellors and a neurological specialist nurse, among a wide range of professionals.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled