Feature-length documentary about Cromer and end of pier show being filmed
- Credit: Archant
A feature documentary is being made on 16mm film about Cromer and the end of pier show.
Director/producer Jens Meurer has made feature films such as Rush and Song For Marion, but his love is making documentaries.
Production assistant Elliott Watson said: "After visiting Cromer several years ago, Jens fell in love with the pier show and, along with crew, has now come from Berlin, Germany to capture not only the development of the show, but to look beyond the theatre itself, and capture as much as possible of the town and its people.
"We will be here for the next four days. We will be at the gala opening night at the Pier Pavilion Theatre, filming the live show on June 29."
Featuring singing, dancing, magic, comedy, mind-reading, and musical theatre, the Cromer Pier Show is a musical variety performance and the only full season end of pier show in the world.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway