Fashion show to boost lifeboat funds
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Shoppers will have a chance to see new season outfits on the catwalk, at a charity fashion show being hosted by the Cromer branch of clothing chain M&Co.
The event is being held in aid of Cromer Ladies Lifeboat Guild, which was formed in 1973 to support the RNLI.
Now boasting more than 100 members, the guild, which raises £1,000s a year for Cromer RNLI, organises fundraising events including concerts, sales and a Christmas bazaar, also helping organise the town's annual lifeboat day and running a raffle and cake stall at boat house open days.
Members also have regular get-togethers to enjoy social activities ranging from suppers, to quizzes.
Ladies Guild chairman Beryl Mansell said the fashion show would provide a welcome boost to funds.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We want to help our community and we really do appreciate all the support we get.'
The fashion show runs at M&Co, Church Street, Cromer on April 5 at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £7 (including wine, canapes and a 10pc discount voucher), are available instore.
- 1 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 2 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 7 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 8 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 9 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 10 Are these the best room views in the UK? Norfolk hotel scoops prize