Fashion show to boost lifeboat funds
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Shoppers will have a chance to see new season outfits on the catwalk, at a charity fashion show being hosted by the Cromer branch of clothing chain M&Co.
The event is being held in aid of Cromer Ladies Lifeboat Guild, which was formed in 1973 to support the RNLI.
Now boasting more than 100 members, the guild, which raises £1,000s a year for Cromer RNLI, organises fundraising events including concerts, sales and a Christmas bazaar, also helping organise the town's annual lifeboat day and running a raffle and cake stall at boat house open days.
Members also have regular get-togethers to enjoy social activities ranging from suppers, to quizzes.
Ladies Guild chairman Beryl Mansell said the fashion show would provide a welcome boost to funds.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We want to help our community and we really do appreciate all the support we get.'
The fashion show runs at M&Co, Church Street, Cromer on April 5 at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £7 (including wine, canapes and a 10pc discount voucher), are available instore.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show