Fashion show to boost lifeboat funds
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Shoppers will have a chance to see new season outfits on the catwalk, at a charity fashion show being hosted by the Cromer branch of clothing chain M&Co.
The event is being held in aid of Cromer Ladies Lifeboat Guild, which was formed in 1973 to support the RNLI.
Now boasting more than 100 members, the guild, which raises £1,000s a year for Cromer RNLI, organises fundraising events including concerts, sales and a Christmas bazaar, also helping organise the town's annual lifeboat day and running a raffle and cake stall at boat house open days.
Members also have regular get-togethers to enjoy social activities ranging from suppers, to quizzes.
Ladies Guild chairman Beryl Mansell said the fashion show would provide a welcome boost to funds.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We want to help our community and we really do appreciate all the support we get.'
The fashion show runs at M&Co, Church Street, Cromer on April 5 at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £7 (including wine, canapes and a 10pc discount voucher), are available instore.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death