5 of the best farm shop cafés to visit in Norfolk
- Credit: Denise Bradley
From breakfasts using local bacon and eggs to homemade cakes, these farm shop cafés shine a spotlight on Norfolk produce.
1. White House Farm, Sprowston
Run by couple Charlotte and Oliver Gurney, White House Farm boasts a bountiful shop and butchery with a café inside.
You can also sit in the courtyard on a nice day surrounded by plants from The Watering Can, which is based at the site.
2. Goodies Food Hall, Pulham Market
This award-winning food hall in south Norfolk, along the A140, has a fantastic restaurant, with its fry-up one of the best in the county and it uses meats from the on-site butchery.
There are also regular special events, including a grill and seafood evening on September 9.
3. The Goat Shed, Honingham
The Goat Shed farm shop opened at Fielding Cottage, run by Sam Steggles, in February 2021 after a £250,000 refurbishment.
Despite being just over a year old, it was recently named the best farm shop and deli in Norfolk at the Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 What is saltwater toxicity and why is it dangerous for your dog?
- 4 Community cafe closes six weeks after opening
- 5 Incredible aerial photographs capture Norfolk's crystal clear waters
- 6 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
- 7 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Fundraising drive for Norfolk's damaged pyramid planned
- 9 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 10 The dig shedding light on Norfolk's Roman past
The Goat Shed Kitchen offers breakfasts, light lunches, grazing plates and homemade cakes and bakes.
4. Hirst's Farm Shop and Café, Ormesby St Margaret
Make a day of it at this family-run farm which has a shop and café, with a summer menu including grazing slates, fish platters, toasties and paninis.
A mile up the road is Hirsty's Family Fun Park, with a corgi-shaped maize maize open until September 4 from 10am until 5pm.
5. Back to the Garden, Letheringsett
This fabulous farm shop is located on the A148 and is just a short drive from the centre of Holt and it has a large car park.
Pick up goodies from the deli and local meats at the butcher's counter after visiting the café, where you can either sit under an 18th-century oak ceiling or outside among the flowers.