Fancy a ‘wheeze’? Christmas starts this weekend in Lammas
- Credit: Archant
Christmas starts early in Lammas with villagers holding their annual festive fayre this weekend.
The village has a reputation for punching above its weight when it comes to Christmas fayres.
And this year they have pulled out all the stops. The fayre is at Lammas village hall from 2pm on Sunday, December 3.
Highlights include a new gardening stall and there will be the usual high-end kitchenware stall, high quality decorations, home produce and – of course – the usual outrageous and infuriating 'wheezes'. These are silly games the villagers invent every year, with offerings this time including the dubiously named 'Treasure Pie-land' and 'Cash or Trash'.
Chairman of Lammas village hall committee Gilly Knight said: 'You really have to see it to believe it. We will pack the place with festive fun for two hours, piled high with goodies to buy, goodies to eat and good fun games to invest a pound or two in.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 4 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 5 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 6 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 7 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road