Fancy a ‘wheeze’? Christmas starts this weekend in Lammas
- Credit: Archant
Christmas starts early in Lammas with villagers holding their annual festive fayre this weekend.
The village has a reputation for punching above its weight when it comes to Christmas fayres.
And this year they have pulled out all the stops. The fayre is at Lammas village hall from 2pm on Sunday, December 3.
Highlights include a new gardening stall and there will be the usual high-end kitchenware stall, high quality decorations, home produce and – of course – the usual outrageous and infuriating 'wheezes'. These are silly games the villagers invent every year, with offerings this time including the dubiously named 'Treasure Pie-land' and 'Cash or Trash'.
Chairman of Lammas village hall committee Gilly Knight said: 'You really have to see it to believe it. We will pack the place with festive fun for two hours, piled high with goodies to buy, goodies to eat and good fun games to invest a pound or two in.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop