Famous author and comedian visits North Norfolk
A famous comedian and author paid a visit to North Norfolk as part of an array of events aimed at promoting reading for children.
Fast Show actor Charlie Higson, who has penned a new series of zombie-horror books for children, gave a talk to high school children at Aylsham Jubilee Centre during a day of events on Friday , organised by Norfolk Children's Book Centre.
He was also at Northgate High in Dereham in the morning, and Aylsham Lodge for a children's book club event in the late afternoon.
He said it was 'lovely to be back' in the county where he studied at the University of East Anglia, and said he often paid visits here.
Speaking about the literary events, he said: 'Teachers and parents are always banging on to children how important it is to read but it is so easy for children to get distracted by other things. When authors actually meet school children and speak to them about books, it makes the whole thing come alive.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'