Famous author and comedian visits North Norfolk
A famous comedian and author paid a visit to North Norfolk as part of an array of events aimed at promoting reading for children.
Fast Show actor Charlie Higson, who has penned a new series of zombie-horror books for children, gave a talk to high school children at Aylsham Jubilee Centre during a day of events on Friday , organised by Norfolk Children's Book Centre.
He was also at Northgate High in Dereham in the morning, and Aylsham Lodge for a children's book club event in the late afternoon.
He said it was 'lovely to be back' in the county where he studied at the University of East Anglia, and said he often paid visits here.
Speaking about the literary events, he said: 'Teachers and parents are always banging on to children how important it is to read but it is so easy for children to get distracted by other things. When authors actually meet school children and speak to them about books, it makes the whole thing come alive.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 6 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Park cafe reopens indoors after months of al fresco service
- 10 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer