Famous author and comedian visits North Norfolk
A famous comedian and author paid a visit to North Norfolk as part of an array of events aimed at promoting reading for children.
Fast Show actor Charlie Higson, who has penned a new series of zombie-horror books for children, gave a talk to high school children at Aylsham Jubilee Centre during a day of events on Friday , organised by Norfolk Children's Book Centre.
He was also at Northgate High in Dereham in the morning, and Aylsham Lodge for a children's book club event in the late afternoon.
He said it was 'lovely to be back' in the county where he studied at the University of East Anglia, and said he often paid visits here.
Speaking about the literary events, he said: 'Teachers and parents are always banging on to children how important it is to read but it is so easy for children to get distracted by other things. When authors actually meet school children and speak to them about books, it makes the whole thing come alive.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 5 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 6 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Firms sought for new industrial units