Family’s dance boost for hospital
A third dance organised by singer Marc James, in memory of his father Colin Taylor, has raised a further �700 for North Walsham War Memorial Cottage Hospital.
Mr James and his mother Sylvia Taylor have now raised �4,590 for the hospital since Mr Taylor's death in 2007. He was cared for at the hospital during the final weeks of his life.
Brian Blackburn, honorary treasurer of the hospital's league of friends, said the family's support was especially notable as it had started during a period when there was public concern about the future and even survival of the hospital.
By the time Mr James' next concert was held, on Friday September 2 2011, Mr Blackburn said he hoped the new 24-bed North Walsham hospital would be built and open.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes