Family’s dance boost for hospital
A third dance organised by singer Marc James, in memory of his father Colin Taylor, has raised a further �700 for North Walsham War Memorial Cottage Hospital.
Mr James and his mother Sylvia Taylor have now raised �4,590 for the hospital since Mr Taylor's death in 2007. He was cared for at the hospital during the final weeks of his life.
Brian Blackburn, honorary treasurer of the hospital's league of friends, said the family's support was especially notable as it had started during a period when there was public concern about the future and even survival of the hospital.
By the time Mr James' next concert was held, on Friday September 2 2011, Mr Blackburn said he hoped the new 24-bed North Walsham hospital would be built and open.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country