North Norfolk dancer thrills on Strictly stage to Bowie’s Life on Mars
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk dancer Fabian Jackson has been part of a stunning contemporary dance rendition of David Bowie's Life on Mars on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.
The 23 year old, who grew up in Aldborough and Cromer, danced alongside his colleagues from London-based Candoco Dance Company and a group of Strictly's professional dancers to open the results show on Sunday, November 25.
Candoco's troupe is made up on both disabled and non-disabled dancers, and, dressed in dark clothing, they demonstrated the drama and emotion of contemporary dance in a moody routine choreographed by a former judge of the show, Arlene Phillips.
After the performance, host, Claudia Winkleman, said: 'Thank you to our professionals, the dancers from Candoco Dance Company and choreographer Arlene Phillips for that fantastic collaboration.'
Speaking to this newspaper before the performance, Mr Jackson said he was thrilled to perform on Strictly.
You may also want to watch:
The former Aldborough Primary School and Aylsham High School student said: 'It's fantastic. There are all sorts of new references to learn and reflect on later and add to everything I do in the future.'
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 8 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van