North Norfolk dancer thrills on Strictly stage to Bowie’s Life on Mars
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk dancer Fabian Jackson has been part of a stunning contemporary dance rendition of David Bowie's Life on Mars on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.
The 23 year old, who grew up in Aldborough and Cromer, danced alongside his colleagues from London-based Candoco Dance Company and a group of Strictly's professional dancers to open the results show on Sunday, November 25.
Candoco's troupe is made up on both disabled and non-disabled dancers, and, dressed in dark clothing, they demonstrated the drama and emotion of contemporary dance in a moody routine choreographed by a former judge of the show, Arlene Phillips.
After the performance, host, Claudia Winkleman, said: 'Thank you to our professionals, the dancers from Candoco Dance Company and choreographer Arlene Phillips for that fantastic collaboration.'
Speaking to this newspaper before the performance, Mr Jackson said he was thrilled to perform on Strictly.
You may also want to watch:
The former Aldborough Primary School and Aylsham High School student said: 'It's fantastic. There are all sorts of new references to learn and reflect on later and add to everything I do in the future.'
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 5 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing