North Norfolk dancer thrills on Strictly stage to Bowie’s Life on Mars
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk dancer Fabian Jackson has been part of a stunning contemporary dance rendition of David Bowie's Life on Mars on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.
The 23 year old, who grew up in Aldborough and Cromer, danced alongside his colleagues from London-based Candoco Dance Company and a group of Strictly's professional dancers to open the results show on Sunday, November 25.
Candoco's troupe is made up on both disabled and non-disabled dancers, and, dressed in dark clothing, they demonstrated the drama and emotion of contemporary dance in a moody routine choreographed by a former judge of the show, Arlene Phillips.
After the performance, host, Claudia Winkleman, said: 'Thank you to our professionals, the dancers from Candoco Dance Company and choreographer Arlene Phillips for that fantastic collaboration.'
Speaking to this newspaper before the performance, Mr Jackson said he was thrilled to perform on Strictly.
The former Aldborough Primary School and Aylsham High School student said: 'It's fantastic. There are all sorts of new references to learn and reflect on later and add to everything I do in the future.'
- 1 Village pub reopening after £20k refurbishment
- 2 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 3 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 4 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 5 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 6 Norfolk man runs 68 miles in one day for charity
- 7 Sheringham artists preparing for fourth exhibition together
- 8 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 9 7 of the prettiest cafés to visit in Norfolk
- 10 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks