North Norfolk dancer thrills on Strictly stage to Bowie’s Life on Mars
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk dancer Fabian Jackson has been part of a stunning contemporary dance rendition of David Bowie's Life on Mars on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.
The 23 year old, who grew up in Aldborough and Cromer, danced alongside his colleagues from London-based Candoco Dance Company and a group of Strictly's professional dancers to open the results show on Sunday, November 25.
Candoco's troupe is made up on both disabled and non-disabled dancers, and, dressed in dark clothing, they demonstrated the drama and emotion of contemporary dance in a moody routine choreographed by a former judge of the show, Arlene Phillips.
After the performance, host, Claudia Winkleman, said: 'Thank you to our professionals, the dancers from Candoco Dance Company and choreographer Arlene Phillips for that fantastic collaboration.'
Speaking to this newspaper before the performance, Mr Jackson said he was thrilled to perform on Strictly.
The former Aldborough Primary School and Aylsham High School student said: 'It's fantastic. There are all sorts of new references to learn and reflect on later and add to everything I do in the future.'
- 1 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 2 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 3 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 4 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 5 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 6 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 9 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident