Wacky racers speed through Mundesley for annual soap box derby
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk village's traditional soap box derby continues to grow in popularity and returns on Saturday, June 30.
It will be hosted for the fourth year by the 1st Mundesley Air Scouts, and held at Mundesley High Street and Gold Park.
A varied range of carts is again expected and there will be child, adult and parent and child races.
Anna Hollis, assistant group scout leader. said: 'It runs from 11am to 3pm and racing starts from 12pm.
'There will be a barbecue, refreshments, bar, stalls including tombola and a DIY craft tent. Everyone is welcome and all money raised goes to the scout group to provide activities for beavers, cubs and scouts and Mundesley Jaguar Explorers.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year 28 crazy contraptions raced through Mundesley village centre in the derby, which was reintroduced by the scouts in 2014 after a 10-year break.
to enter the soap box derby - email Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub