Wacky racers speed through Mundesley for annual soap box derby
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk village's traditional soap box derby continues to grow in popularity and returns on Saturday, June 30.
It will be hosted for the fourth year by the 1st Mundesley Air Scouts, and held at Mundesley High Street and Gold Park.
A varied range of carts is again expected and there will be child, adult and parent and child races.
Anna Hollis, assistant group scout leader. said: 'It runs from 11am to 3pm and racing starts from 12pm.
'There will be a barbecue, refreshments, bar, stalls including tombola and a DIY craft tent. Everyone is welcome and all money raised goes to the scout group to provide activities for beavers, cubs and scouts and Mundesley Jaguar Explorers.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year 28 crazy contraptions raced through Mundesley village centre in the derby, which was reintroduced by the scouts in 2014 after a 10-year break.
to enter the soap box derby - email Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival