Residents at nursing home to get enlarged rooms and direct garden access
- Credit: Archant
Fourteen rooms at a Sheringham nursing home are being enlarged to give residents direct garden access.
The conservatory at Lakeshore Healthcare Ltd's St David's nursing home is also being enlarged with work on a new patio and landscaping of the three existing gardens starting.
Lakeshore director Jeff Manning said: "This project will allow all residents larger common space and easier access across the entire home to our gardens with new pathways and seating areas. We won the Sheringham In Bloom award for several years for our gardens and now our residents will have better and easier ways to enjoy them.
"The rooms were purpose-built in the '70s, but standards have changed, so we are enlarging these 14 rooms by 50pc.
"We are also adding en-suites with showers, and the new exterior doors will allow immediate access to the outdoor gardens. New, wheelchair-accessible, resin pathways will lead to outdoor gathering areas with seating."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast