New grant scheme to give tomorrow’s sports stars a leg up
- Credit: Archant
Up-and-coming athletes in north Norfolk have the opportunity to get funding from a sports provider as part of its talent development programme.
Everyone Active, who began running North Norfolk District Council's leisure facilities in April, is calling for aspiring sports stars to apply.
The scheme helps local athletes to achieve their sporting potential by offering them access to high-quality training facilities, financial support and expert advice. From grass roots athletes through to Olympic medallists, it has already aided more than 1,000 people on their sporting journeys.
Successful candidates will be awarded with gold, silver or bronze sponsorship packages. All athletes are provided with free access to Everyone Active's centres across the country, and those on the higher tiers can also receive a sponsorship grant of up to £5,000 to help towards their training and competition costs.
Stuart Jardine, contract manager at Everyone Active, said: "Since we launched the scheme in 2016, we have invested over £1 million in helping the next generation of sports stars to achieve both national and international success.
You may also want to watch:
"We are committed to offering support and funding for athletes from across north Norfolk and I would urge local athletes to apply for Everyone Active's Sporting Champions scheme so that we can help them on their journey."
Applications opened on July 1 and will close on July 31 and can be made by email email@example.com, or visit www.easportingchampions.com for more information.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 6 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car