Popular fish and chip shop to offer 25pc off food at new branch
- Credit: Archant
There will be no 'batter plaice' to be than Holt later this month as the third branch of a popular fish and chip shop opens in the town.
And Eric Snaith, who has eateries in Thornham in north Norfolk and St Ives in Cambridgeshire, is hoping to lure customers into the new store by offering 25pc off food in its first three days.
Mr Snaith announced last year Eric's Fish and Chips was coming to Fish Hill, Holt, and the licenced restaurant and takeaway is now due to open on June 27 in a Grade II-listed building, formerly an Italian restaurant.
Mr Snaith, of Titchwell Manor, told this newspaper: "Over the last three years I've been looking for somewhere else to open.
"I've been really pleased with how it's gone at Thornham and thought that could work really well at other sites. It was just about finding the right place."
You may also want to watch:
The menu will include cod coated in house-made Green King IPA beer batter and fried in traditional beef dripping - or a vegetarian alternative - as well as battered sausage, sourced from sourced from the Suffolk high-welfare farm Dingley Dell.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country