Enjoy Cromer More: What’s it about and why are we doing it?
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy Cromer More - that's the challenge as we today take an exciting new step.
Over the coming weeks and months, we will be training our microscope on the Gem of the Norfolk Coast, joining forces with you to produce a range of things, including:
?A dedicated website, www.enjoycromermore.co.uk
?An Enjoy Cromer More Facebook group, which launched earlier this week and is already buzzing with discussion
?A Twitter account, @EnjoyCromer
You may also want to watch:
?Dozens of videos, focusing on Cromer past and present, its characters, its locations and its stories.
There will be events in the town, including a Cromer Question Time, along with numerous stories and features on themes including food and drink, Cromer through the decades, schools, quizzes and much more.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
We want to shine a light on the best of the town, including its hidden treasures, places to eat, the characters who make the town tick, its past, present and future, quirky facts and stats - plus a huge serving of nostalgia.
So why are we doing it?
The honest answer is that we are trying something new: giving our full attention to one community to see if it makes a difference to how we engage with our audience.
The world of news has changed and is continuing to change.
In the past, journalists found news, put it in newspapers and knew that there was a guaranteed audience.
It was straightforward.
Print remains vital to us and to you, but it is just one of countless ways that we find out about our communities.
So we arrive at Enjoy Cromer More, which aims to explore those ways and find out what works best - how you want to talk to us and how we can improve how we listen.
You're probably wondering: why Cromer?
We value every town and village equally and our ambition is to improve our coverage of and engagement with them all.
But we have to start somewhere, and Cromer has the history, profile and community spirit to be that place.
It starts here, and we're excited about the possibilities.
But it depends on you, so please talk to us, tell us what you think and share your stories.