Enjoy Cromer More site is off to an astounding start thanks to enthusiastic community
- Credit: Archant
When we launched Enjoy Cromer More, the Archant team's aim was to reflect what a vibrant place Cromer is, as well as raising awareness of local businesses, organisations, clubs and events, while spreading even more local pride.
We hoped that we'd be guaranteed a degree of success thanks to the unparalleled community spirit of the town which we have witnessed from our time reporting on the patch.
Yet even our greatest expectations could not prepare us for the roaring success which enjoycromermore.co.uk has seen, particularly this month.
In November alone our stories earned more than 16,000 views, and almost 6,500 people visited the site.
The site also earned more than 11,000 visits in November, and the Enjoy Cromer More Facebook group already has more than 2,000 members.
Editor of the North region for the Eastern Daily Press, Adam Lazzari, said: 'We've been so pleased with the results we've had from Enjoy Cromer More, and particularly the contributions we've had from the hard-working business owners in the town, and the individuals who keep Cromer moving.'
You may also want to watch:
We have been particularly thrilled with how members of the Facebook group have been starting and contributing to conversations, sharing their memories of the town and making connections with others.
And a new function called 'Tell us Your Story' has been added so that individuals themselves can contribute their news and views to be shared online.
Enjoycromermore.co.uk visitors can follow three easy steps to have their stories published: just click on the 'Tell us Your Story' tab, fill in the form to complete your story, and then upload any photos or video you would like to accompany it.
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
This tool can be used by any member of the Cromer community for a wide variety of purposes - whether a sports team has a match win they would like to share with the town, or if an event a charity would like to promote.
So whether you have got a topic you would like to talk about, or somebody you would like to publicly thank, Enjoy Cromer More is a site for the community which you can use to get your message across.