Emmerdale actor guest at lifeboat day
- Credit: Archant
Emmerdale actor Jonny McPherson, who plays Dr Cavanagh in the ITV soap, was celebrity guest as thousands of people flocked to Sea Palling's Independent Lifeboat Day.
The Sea Palling lifeboat service went independent in 1972 and celebrated its 48th event last weekend when lifeboat demonstrations, Bacton Coastguard, Lowestoft army cadets and RNLI beach guards were in attendance. There were also stalls, refreshments and entertainment.
Mick Clarke, a long-time lifeboat organiser, said: "Thanks to everyone who attended our special lifeboat day and gave so generously.
"The crew and volunteers that contributed to our event are happily shattered, but extremely happy with regards to how the day turned out. A special thanks also to our celebrity, Jonny McPherson. Fans gathered to meet him, some getting only a glimpse, but his popularity helped keep the great atmosphere going."
The TV star said: "I feel very pleased to be here and for a very good cause."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 9 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed