Emmerdale actor guest at lifeboat day
- Credit: Archant
Emmerdale actor Jonny McPherson, who plays Dr Cavanagh in the ITV soap, was celebrity guest as thousands of people flocked to Sea Palling's Independent Lifeboat Day.
The Sea Palling lifeboat service went independent in 1972 and celebrated its 48th event last weekend when lifeboat demonstrations, Bacton Coastguard, Lowestoft army cadets and RNLI beach guards were in attendance. There were also stalls, refreshments and entertainment.
Mick Clarke, a long-time lifeboat organiser, said: "Thanks to everyone who attended our special lifeboat day and gave so generously.
"The crew and volunteers that contributed to our event are happily shattered, but extremely happy with regards to how the day turned out. A special thanks also to our celebrity, Jonny McPherson. Fans gathered to meet him, some getting only a glimpse, but his popularity helped keep the great atmosphere going."
The TV star said: "I feel very pleased to be here and for a very good cause."
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 8 Lifeboat rescues seasick crew on struggling 45ft cruiser
- 9 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee