Emmerdale actor guest at lifeboat day
- Credit: Archant
Emmerdale actor Jonny McPherson, who plays Dr Cavanagh in the ITV soap, was celebrity guest as thousands of people flocked to Sea Palling's Independent Lifeboat Day.
The Sea Palling lifeboat service went independent in 1972 and celebrated its 48th event last weekend when lifeboat demonstrations, Bacton Coastguard, Lowestoft army cadets and RNLI beach guards were in attendance. There were also stalls, refreshments and entertainment.
Mick Clarke, a long-time lifeboat organiser, said: "Thanks to everyone who attended our special lifeboat day and gave so generously.
"The crew and volunteers that contributed to our event are happily shattered, but extremely happy with regards to how the day turned out. A special thanks also to our celebrity, Jonny McPherson. Fans gathered to meet him, some getting only a glimpse, but his popularity helped keep the great atmosphere going."
The TV star said: "I feel very pleased to be here and for a very good cause."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow