Emmerdale actor guest at lifeboat day
- Credit: Archant
Emmerdale actor Jonny McPherson, who plays Dr Cavanagh in the ITV soap, was celebrity guest as thousands of people flocked to Sea Palling's Independent Lifeboat Day.
The Sea Palling lifeboat service went independent in 1972 and celebrated its 48th event last weekend when lifeboat demonstrations, Bacton Coastguard, Lowestoft army cadets and RNLI beach guards were in attendance. There were also stalls, refreshments and entertainment.
Mick Clarke, a long-time lifeboat organiser, said: "Thanks to everyone who attended our special lifeboat day and gave so generously.
"The crew and volunteers that contributed to our event are happily shattered, but extremely happy with regards to how the day turned out. A special thanks also to our celebrity, Jonny McPherson. Fans gathered to meet him, some getting only a glimpse, but his popularity helped keep the great atmosphere going."
The TV star said: "I feel very pleased to be here and for a very good cause."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen