This year’s Miss Cromer shares crowning event with her birthday
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of dignitaries turned out to the crowning of this year's Miss Cromer during the seaside town's carnival weekend.
Primary school teacher Emma Thompson, who shared her 22nd birthday with the event, was crowned in front of hundreds of spectators at an official event held at the front of the town's pier.
She was joined by trainee drama teacher Amy Gibson, 21, who was picked as senior attendant by a panel of judges at a selection evening held at the town's Cliftonville Hotel earlier this year.
Also joining the pair were junior attendants Melissa Lemmon and Angel Jablonowski, and princess Mercedes Howe and prince Jack Annison.
Ukulele Simon entertained the crowds before the town crier Jason Bell announced the start of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Terry, one of the stars from The Cromer Pier Show, presented alongside special guest Miss United Kingdom 2018 Hollie Ikins, who placed the crown on Miss Thompson's head.
For more information, visit www.cromercarnival.co.uk.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm