This year’s Miss Cromer shares crowning event with her birthday
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of dignitaries turned out to the crowning of this year's Miss Cromer during the seaside town's carnival weekend.
Primary school teacher Emma Thompson, who shared her 22nd birthday with the event, was crowned in front of hundreds of spectators at an official event held at the front of the town's pier.
She was joined by trainee drama teacher Amy Gibson, 21, who was picked as senior attendant by a panel of judges at a selection evening held at the town's Cliftonville Hotel earlier this year.
Also joining the pair were junior attendants Melissa Lemmon and Angel Jablonowski, and princess Mercedes Howe and prince Jack Annison.
Ukulele Simon entertained the crowds before the town crier Jason Bell announced the start of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Terry, one of the stars from The Cromer Pier Show, presented alongside special guest Miss United Kingdom 2018 Hollie Ikins, who placed the crown on Miss Thompson's head.
For more information, visit www.cromercarnival.co.uk.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'