This year’s Miss Cromer shares crowning event with her birthday
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of dignitaries turned out to the crowning of this year's Miss Cromer during the seaside town's carnival weekend.
Primary school teacher Emma Thompson, who shared her 22nd birthday with the event, was crowned in front of hundreds of spectators at an official event held at the front of the town's pier.
She was joined by trainee drama teacher Amy Gibson, 21, who was picked as senior attendant by a panel of judges at a selection evening held at the town's Cliftonville Hotel earlier this year.
Also joining the pair were junior attendants Melissa Lemmon and Angel Jablonowski, and princess Mercedes Howe and prince Jack Annison.
Ukulele Simon entertained the crowds before the town crier Jason Bell announced the start of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Terry, one of the stars from The Cromer Pier Show, presented alongside special guest Miss United Kingdom 2018 Hollie Ikins, who placed the crown on Miss Thompson's head.
For more information, visit www.cromercarnival.co.uk.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 10 Mobile Post Office to come to two north Norfolk villages