Emergency exercise at Bacton Gas Terminal
A practice exercise involving all of the emergency services is taking place at Bacton Gas Terminal later this month.
The exercise will take place at the terminal complex, in Coast Road, Bacton, on Thursday, January 20 from 9.45am and will last for two hours.
All emergency services, but not the general public will be involved.
Residents living nearby have been warned though they may notice more activity in the area of the gas terminal as emergency vehicles go to and from the site, and the site alarms will also sound.
The B1159 Coast Road, between The Ship public house in Bacton, up to Paston Barn, will be closed for the duration of the exercise, with diversions in place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 5 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 6 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 7 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 8 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 9 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms