Emergency exercise at Bacton Gas Terminal
A practice exercise involving all of the emergency services is taking place at Bacton Gas Terminal later this month.
The exercise will take place at the terminal complex, in Coast Road, Bacton, on Thursday, January 20 from 9.45am and will last for two hours.
All emergency services, but not the general public will be involved.
Residents living nearby have been warned though they may notice more activity in the area of the gas terminal as emergency vehicles go to and from the site, and the site alarms will also sound.
The B1159 Coast Road, between The Ship public house in Bacton, up to Paston Barn, will be closed for the duration of the exercise, with diversions in place.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled