Emergency exercise at Bacton Gas Terminal
A practice exercise involving all of the emergency services is taking place at Bacton Gas Terminal later this month.
The exercise will take place at the terminal complex, in Coast Road, Bacton, on Thursday, January 20 from 9.45am and will last for two hours.
All emergency services, but not the general public will be involved.
Residents living nearby have been warned though they may notice more activity in the area of the gas terminal as emergency vehicles go to and from the site, and the site alarms will also sound.
The B1159 Coast Road, between The Ship public house in Bacton, up to Paston Barn, will be closed for the duration of the exercise, with diversions in place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 9 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident