Emergency exercise at Bacton Gas Terminal
A practice exercise involving all of the emergency services is taking place at Bacton Gas Terminal later this month.
The exercise will take place at the terminal complex, in Coast Road, Bacton, on Thursday, January 20 from 9.45am and will last for two hours.
All emergency services, but not the general public will be involved.
Residents living nearby have been warned though they may notice more activity in the area of the gas terminal as emergency vehicles go to and from the site, and the site alarms will also sound.
The B1159 Coast Road, between The Ship public house in Bacton, up to Paston Barn, will be closed for the duration of the exercise, with diversions in place.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 9 Neighbouring Tescos band together to purchase lifesaving device
- 10 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans