Nominations open for Worstead ward seat on North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
An election for a seat on North Norfolk District Council will be held on February 15 if more than one candidate puts their name forward, it has been announced.
The council needs to fill a vacancy in Worstead ward following the resignation in December of Glyn Williams due to health reasons.
Nomination papers from prospective candidates must be delivered by hand to the Electoral Services team at the council's office in Holt Road, Cromer, between 10am and 4pm from Friday, January 12, until Friday, January 19.
Once a list of candidates has been compiled it will be published on the council's website by 4pm on January 22nd.
Worstead ward includes Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Swanton Abbott, Westwick and Worstead.
Mr Williams, a Conservative who was first elected in May 2011, said he felt his health issues left him unable to commit enough time to his councillor responsibilities.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 9 Neighbouring Tescos band together to purchase lifesaving device
- 10 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire