Nominations open for Worstead ward seat on North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
An election for a seat on North Norfolk District Council will be held on February 15 if more than one candidate puts their name forward, it has been announced.
The council needs to fill a vacancy in Worstead ward following the resignation in December of Glyn Williams due to health reasons.
Nomination papers from prospective candidates must be delivered by hand to the Electoral Services team at the council's office in Holt Road, Cromer, between 10am and 4pm from Friday, January 12, until Friday, January 19.
Once a list of candidates has been compiled it will be published on the council's website by 4pm on January 22nd.
Worstead ward includes Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Swanton Abbott, Westwick and Worstead.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Williams, a Conservative who was first elected in May 2011, said he felt his health issues left him unable to commit enough time to his councillor responsibilities.
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk