Nominations open for Worstead ward seat on North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
An election for a seat on North Norfolk District Council will be held on February 15 if more than one candidate puts their name forward, it has been announced.
The council needs to fill a vacancy in Worstead ward following the resignation in December of Glyn Williams due to health reasons.
Nomination papers from prospective candidates must be delivered by hand to the Electoral Services team at the council's office in Holt Road, Cromer, between 10am and 4pm from Friday, January 12, until Friday, January 19.
Once a list of candidates has been compiled it will be published on the council's website by 4pm on January 22nd.
Worstead ward includes Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Swanton Abbott, Westwick and Worstead.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Williams, a Conservative who was first elected in May 2011, said he felt his health issues left him unable to commit enough time to his councillor responsibilities.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?