Snow sees 350 schools forced to close
- Credit: Archant
Snow and ice has seen 350 schools across Norfolk closed to all pupils.
Families have been urged to make alternative arrangements with schools, colleges and nurseries all shut following snow falls and overnight sub-zero temperatures that have left roads dangerous.
Norfolk County Council said 349 of the county’s 422 schools were closed on Monday morning.
Most schools have reported they have closed due to the adverse weather conditions making travel conditions challenging.
Others said they had insufficient staff to safely open.
With most pupils currently learning from home due to the school closures resulting from the pandemic the impact is not as great as it would otherwise have been.
However vulnerable children and children of key workers that have been continuing to attend classes have been told to stay at home rather than travelling to those affected schools.
To see a full list of affected schools visit Norfolk County Council emergency school closures
- 1 Plans show how old former care home site could become housing
- 2 WATCH: Teenage girls fined after setting fire to public toilet
- 3 Norfolk's Covid infection rate at lowest point for three months
- 4 'It's very exciting' - North Norfolk's tourist sector reacts to roadmap
- 5 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 6 Bid to make Wells-next-the-Sea home for historic 'Dunkirk' sailing barge
- 7 Council proposes £100,000 purchase to improve car park access
- 8 Lifeboat launched after fears for capsized kayakers
- 9 Plans to turn former Barclays bank into dental practice
- 10 Basements flooded and road shut after highest rainfall for 100 years