Easter treat for health workers after sweet shop’s Covid-19 closure
- Credit: Archant
Families of north Norfolk healthcare workers will have a happier Easter thanks to a donation from Sheringham shop The Chocolate Box.
The Station Road shop - now closed due to the coronavirus outbreak - has given around 70 Easter eggs to families of NHS staff as a way of saying thanks for their hard work.
Sarah Broughton, who runs the shop, said: “The NHS are doing a amazing job for all our community and country, so the least we could do is give all these amazing workers a chocolate Easter treat to show our heart full appreciation of the work they are doing in these extremely difficult times.”
Colin Court, an ambulance technician based at Cromer’s ambulance station, accepted the donation from Ms Broughton’s partner, Karl Ives.
Mr Court said: “Some of our colleagues are in isolation because either they or their family members are showing signs, so we’ve made arrangements to make sure that the eggs go to the ones with children. We thank Sarah and Karl so much for their donation, it’s so nice to see the public coming together at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop also donated a large, hand-painted Easter egg for the A&E staff at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, and more stock to Sheringham’s Salvation Army and Sun Court Nursing Home, Break charity’s children’s homes in Sheringham and Mundesley and Halsey House in Cromer.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier