Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- Credit: Google StreetView
Part of a north Norfolk road will be closed until next week due to a leaking water main.
Anglian Water is trying to sort out the problem on School Road in East Ruston, just in front of the East Ruston Area Infant School and village hall.
The water authority said the road would be closed until Tuesday, January 26.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “Our teams are currently working to repair a burst water main on School Road, East Ruston which has temporarily left a small number of properties without water.
“A road closure is currently in operation for the safety of local residents and our staff working within the road. Rest assured our teams are working as quickly and as safely as possible to return things back to normal.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank local residents and road users for their patience while we complete these repairs.”
The road is the main link between the villages of Honing and Worstead and the coastal communities of Happisburgh and Eccles-on-Sea.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 5 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 6 Bid to replace bungalow near railway line with five new homes refused
- 7 Village pub opens shop to fill lockdown gap
- 8 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 9 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 10 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer