Police hunt hedge-cutting conmen
- Credit: Archant
Two rogue traders are being sought by police after an incident in East Runton.
Police said two men went to a property in Top Common the village between 10.30am and 11.30am on Wednesday, June 24.
They claimed they were to carry out gardening work which had not been pre-arranged.
Whilst one of the men spoke to the homeowner, the other one started to cut a hedge. After finishing the work, they asked for £300 in payment and left.
Anyone who may have seen the men in the area, or the vehicle they may have been driving, is asked to contact PC Jack Houghton at North Walsham Police Station on 101 quoting reference numbber 36/41656/20.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively call, Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk