Police hunt hedge-cutting conmen
- Credit: Archant
Two rogue traders are being sought by police after an incident in East Runton.
Police said two men went to a property in Top Common the village between 10.30am and 11.30am on Wednesday, June 24.
They claimed they were to carry out gardening work which had not been pre-arranged.
Whilst one of the men spoke to the homeowner, the other one started to cut a hedge. After finishing the work, they asked for £300 in payment and left.
Anyone who may have seen the men in the area, or the vehicle they may have been driving, is asked to contact PC Jack Houghton at North Walsham Police Station on 101 quoting reference numbber 36/41656/20.
Alternatively call, Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar