Police hunt hedge-cutting conmen
- Credit: Archant
Two rogue traders are being sought by police after an incident in East Runton.
Police said two men went to a property in Top Common the village between 10.30am and 11.30am on Wednesday, June 24.
They claimed they were to carry out gardening work which had not been pre-arranged.
Whilst one of the men spoke to the homeowner, the other one started to cut a hedge. After finishing the work, they asked for £300 in payment and left.
Anyone who may have seen the men in the area, or the vehicle they may have been driving, is asked to contact PC Jack Houghton at North Walsham Police Station on 101 quoting reference numbber 36/41656/20.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively call, Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'