East Runton Coastwatch changes name to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk coastal lookout service has relaunched with a new name to mark the area's 'national importance'.
The National Coastwatch Institution's (NCI) East Runton branch officially changed its name to NCI Cromer on Monday, October 1.
Linda Lawrence, from NCI operations support group, said: 'NCI is grateful to North Norfolk District Council for allowing the charity to site a watch station at Runton.
'However, such is its national importance, and as it falls well within the Cromer catchment area, the charity's trustees have agreed that its name be changed to NCI Cromer as the town is a more widely known location to mariners at sea and to holidaying visitors.'
Mrs Lawrence added: 'NCI Cromer is now recruiting volunteer watchkeepers, with full training given.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested should email email@example.com or call Mrs Lawrence on 07944 047392 or 01692 671913.
For more information about the Coastwatch visit: www.nci.org.uk.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast