East Runton Coastwatch changes name to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk coastal lookout service has relaunched with a new name to mark the area's 'national importance'.
The National Coastwatch Institution's (NCI) East Runton branch officially changed its name to NCI Cromer on Monday, October 1.
Linda Lawrence, from NCI operations support group, said: 'NCI is grateful to North Norfolk District Council for allowing the charity to site a watch station at Runton.
'However, such is its national importance, and as it falls well within the Cromer catchment area, the charity's trustees have agreed that its name be changed to NCI Cromer as the town is a more widely known location to mariners at sea and to holidaying visitors.'
Mrs Lawrence added: 'NCI Cromer is now recruiting volunteer watchkeepers, with full training given.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested should email email@example.com or call Mrs Lawrence on 07944 047392 or 01692 671913.
For more information about the Coastwatch visit: www.nci.org.uk.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 9 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named