East Runton chippy narrowly misses top award
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.
East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
The awards, which are part of the National Chip Week celebrations, recognise the shops, restaurants and pubs serving the best chips in each of the ten UK regions.
More than 15,000 fans of perfect fries across the country have been voting for their favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Judges said the results in the East of England were very close, with nearly 50 shops, restaurants and pubs just a few fries from the top honour.
The East Runton shop was knocked into second place by Fryz, based in Peterborough.
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 3 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 10 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera
The Three Cottages, North Walsham, was also nominated.