East Runton chippy narrowly misses top award
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.
East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
The awards, which are part of the National Chip Week celebrations, recognise the shops, restaurants and pubs serving the best chips in each of the ten UK regions.
More than 15,000 fans of perfect fries across the country have been voting for their favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Judges said the results in the East of England were very close, with nearly 50 shops, restaurants and pubs just a few fries from the top honour.
The East Runton shop was knocked into second place by Fryz, based in Peterborough.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
The Three Cottages, North Walsham, was also nominated.