East Runton chippy narrowly misses top award
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.
East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
The awards, which are part of the National Chip Week celebrations, recognise the shops, restaurants and pubs serving the best chips in each of the ten UK regions.
More than 15,000 fans of perfect fries across the country have been voting for their favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Judges said the results in the East of England were very close, with nearly 50 shops, restaurants and pubs just a few fries from the top honour.
The East Runton shop was knocked into second place by Fryz, based in Peterborough.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
The Three Cottages, North Walsham, was also nominated.