East Runton chippy narrowly misses top award
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.
East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
The awards, which are part of the National Chip Week celebrations, recognise the shops, restaurants and pubs serving the best chips in each of the ten UK regions.
More than 15,000 fans of perfect fries across the country have been voting for their favourite.
Judges said the results in the East of England were very close, with nearly 50 shops, restaurants and pubs just a few fries from the top honour.
The East Runton shop was knocked into second place by Fryz, based in Peterborough.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
The Three Cottages, North Walsham, was also nominated.