East Runton chippy narrowly misses top award
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
A north Norfolk chip shop has narrowly missed out on being named top chippie in the East.
East Runton Fish and Chip Shop, on Beach Road, came second in the Potato Council's quest to find the perfect portion.
The awards, which are part of the National Chip Week celebrations, recognise the shops, restaurants and pubs serving the best chips in each of the ten UK regions.
More than 15,000 fans of perfect fries across the country have been voting for their favourite.
Judges said the results in the East of England were very close, with nearly 50 shops, restaurants and pubs just a few fries from the top honour.
The East Runton shop was knocked into second place by Fryz, based in Peterborough.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
The Three Cottages, North Walsham, was also nominated.