Conservatives select North Norfolk parliamentary candidate
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The latest parliamentary candidate for Conservatives in north Norfolk has been selected.
Duncan Baker has been chosen as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk for the next general election.
Mr Baker, a director at local business CT Baker, was selected by members of the North Norfolk Conservative Association on Friday, February 1.
He is a current North Norfolk district and town councillor and aims to become the first Conservative MP for North Norfolk since 2001.
His said his campaign will focus on 'supporting economic growth and career opportunities, delivering affordable homes and improving education and adult social care services'.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I am delighted to be selected as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk.
'I have the grounding in local politics and am ready to beat the Liberal Democrats and cement this seat as a Conservative stronghold for many years.'
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes