Conservatives select North Norfolk parliamentary candidate
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The latest parliamentary candidate for Conservatives in north Norfolk has been selected.
Duncan Baker has been chosen as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk for the next general election.
Mr Baker, a director at local business CT Baker, was selected by members of the North Norfolk Conservative Association on Friday, February 1.
He is a current North Norfolk district and town councillor and aims to become the first Conservative MP for North Norfolk since 2001.
His said his campaign will focus on 'supporting economic growth and career opportunities, delivering affordable homes and improving education and adult social care services'.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I am delighted to be selected as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk.
'I have the grounding in local politics and am ready to beat the Liberal Democrats and cement this seat as a Conservative stronghold for many years.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow