Conservatives select North Norfolk parliamentary candidate
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The latest parliamentary candidate for Conservatives in north Norfolk has been selected.
Duncan Baker has been chosen as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk for the next general election.
Mr Baker, a director at local business CT Baker, was selected by members of the North Norfolk Conservative Association on Friday, February 1.
He is a current North Norfolk district and town councillor and aims to become the first Conservative MP for North Norfolk since 2001.
His said his campaign will focus on 'supporting economic growth and career opportunities, delivering affordable homes and improving education and adult social care services'.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I am delighted to be selected as the Conservative candidate for North Norfolk.
'I have the grounding in local politics and am ready to beat the Liberal Democrats and cement this seat as a Conservative stronghold for many years.'
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show