Drone footage shows devastation caused by Sheringham hotel fire
- Credit: Morgan Page
Drone footage has captured the total devastation of a former Sheringham hotel after a fire ripped through the building.
Six crews attended the scene at the Southlands Hotel, in South Street, on February 28 at around 1am.
The blaze was bought under control quickly, however a final crew stayed on scene throughout the day to continue to dampen the flames and keep the building safe.
Incident commander John Baker, who is station manager at North Walsham, said the Sheringham crew were first on the scene.
'They could see from the main roundabout that it was a severe fire, so they immediately asked for four appliances,' he explained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker estimated that the fire had been burning for up to 30 minutes before the emergency services were alerted by a member of the public.
The police are currently investigating what caused the fire.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck