Drone footage shows devastation caused by Sheringham hotel fire
- Credit: Morgan Page
Drone footage has captured the total devastation of a former Sheringham hotel after a fire ripped through the building.
Six crews attended the scene at the Southlands Hotel, in South Street, on February 28 at around 1am.
The blaze was bought under control quickly, however a final crew stayed on scene throughout the day to continue to dampen the flames and keep the building safe.
Incident commander John Baker, who is station manager at North Walsham, said the Sheringham crew were first on the scene.
'They could see from the main roundabout that it was a severe fire, so they immediately asked for four appliances,' he explained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker estimated that the fire had been burning for up to 30 minutes before the emergency services were alerted by a member of the public.
The police are currently investigating what caused the fire.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k