Drone footage shows devastation caused by Sheringham hotel fire
- Credit: Morgan Page
Drone footage has captured the total devastation of a former Sheringham hotel after a fire ripped through the building.
Six crews attended the scene at the Southlands Hotel, in South Street, on February 28 at around 1am.
The blaze was bought under control quickly, however a final crew stayed on scene throughout the day to continue to dampen the flames and keep the building safe.
Incident commander John Baker, who is station manager at North Walsham, said the Sheringham crew were first on the scene.
'They could see from the main roundabout that it was a severe fire, so they immediately asked for four appliances,' he explained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker estimated that the fire had been burning for up to 30 minutes before the emergency services were alerted by a member of the public.
The police are currently investigating what caused the fire.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 9 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?