Drivers targeted in town
A crackdown on vehicles and drivers at Sheringham resulted in a series of fines and warnings for drivers.
Police teamed up with other agencies including licensing and customs to check for speeding, illegal parking and vehicle conditions.
Twenty five vehicles were stopped on Holway Road. Results included five vehicles reported for defects, one fine and several warnings for speeding, one fine and a number of warnings over parking misuse.
Sgt Andy Smith, from the Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team said: 'We are pleased with the results of the day. Working with our partner agencies on operations such as this provide us with an ideal opportunity to target dangerous vehicles and reassure members of the public that we will not tolerate illegal or inconsiderate motorists.'
To contact Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist