Drivers targeted in town
A crackdown on vehicles and drivers at Sheringham resulted in a series of fines and warnings for drivers.
Police teamed up with other agencies including licensing and customs to check for speeding, illegal parking and vehicle conditions.
Twenty five vehicles were stopped on Holway Road. Results included five vehicles reported for defects, one fine and several warnings for speeding, one fine and a number of warnings over parking misuse.
Sgt Andy Smith, from the Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team said: 'We are pleased with the results of the day. Working with our partner agencies on operations such as this provide us with an ideal opportunity to target dangerous vehicles and reassure members of the public that we will not tolerate illegal or inconsiderate motorists.'
To contact Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown