Driver dies in crash near North Walsham
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.
The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
It was struck, as it emerged from the Swanton Abbott road, by a silver coloured Vauxhall Astra travelling from Norwich at around 6pm on Saturday.
A male passenger in the Fusion suffered head and internal injuries, but police have confirmed the driver had died. Two people in Astra received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner in which the cars were being driven, as some witnesses had already said the Astra was going at high speed and had overtaken a number of vehicles before the accident.
Any witnesses should contact PC Steve Crowley of the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 3 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 8 'She married ballet' - Tributes paid to dance teacher who inspired thousands
- 9 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk this August
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five