Driver dies in crash near North Walsham
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.
The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
It was struck, as it emerged from the Swanton Abbott road, by a silver coloured Vauxhall Astra travelling from Norwich at around 6pm on Saturday.
A male passenger in the Fusion suffered head and internal injuries, but police have confirmed the driver had died. Two people in Astra received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner in which the cars were being driven, as some witnesses had already said the Astra was going at high speed and had overtaken a number of vehicles before the accident.
Any witnesses should contact PC Steve Crowley of the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 7 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'