Driver dies in crash near North Walsham
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
A 73-year-old driver has died following a two-car crash near North Walsham.
The un-named man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
It was struck, as it emerged from the Swanton Abbott road, by a silver coloured Vauxhall Astra travelling from Norwich at around 6pm on Saturday.
A male passenger in the Fusion suffered head and internal injuries, but police have confirmed the driver had died. Two people in Astra received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner in which the cars were being driven, as some witnesses had already said the Astra was going at high speed and had overtaken a number of vehicles before the accident.
Any witnesses should contact PC Steve Crowley of the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 5 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Cold snap! Coldest April overnight temperatures in eight years recorded
- 9 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney