Drink driver crashed near children at Stalham
A 36-year-old man has admitted being drunk behind the wheel and driving dangerously near children in Stalham.
Kaine Jerram of Allen Meale Way, Stalham, pleaded guilty to both offences at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.
The court heard Jerram had been accelerating along Ingham Road on August 21 when he hit another car and left the road.
Rachel Balfour, prosecuting, said Jerram's Honda had been close to a group of children on bicycles before he crashed.
His alcohol reading was 130 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood - the legal limit is 80.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates decided they did not have enough power to sentence Jerram and committed him to Norwich Crown Court for sentence at a later date.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip