Drink driver crashed near children at Stalham
A 36-year-old man has admitted being drunk behind the wheel and driving dangerously near children in Stalham.
Kaine Jerram of Allen Meale Way, Stalham, pleaded guilty to both offences at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.
The court heard Jerram had been accelerating along Ingham Road on August 21 when he hit another car and left the road.
Rachel Balfour, prosecuting, said Jerram's Honda had been close to a group of children on bicycles before he crashed.
His alcohol reading was 130 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood - the legal limit is 80.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates decided they did not have enough power to sentence Jerram and committed him to Norwich Crown Court for sentence at a later date.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 5 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines