Club bowled over by developer's donation
- Credit: McCarthy Stone
The green at a Stalham bowling club could be looking better than ever in its 100-plus year history thanks to a developer's donation.
St Mary’s Bowls Club has received £500 for the upkeep of its grounds from McCarthy Stone, which is building a retirement estate off Homestead Place off Old Market Road in the town.
Gerard Kirwan, club secretary, said he was delighted with the grant.
Mr Kirwan said: "We are thrilled to receive such a kind donation.
"With a long-standing local history, we value our place within the Stalham community, and support from local businesses plays an important role in keeping our club running.
"We are so pleased we are able to make these vital improvements to the bowling green with the funding, and we look forward to welcoming back all our members with an enhanced experience."
The club was founded more than a century ago and competes in leagues including the county, Broadland, Nansa and afternoon leagues.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 6 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 10 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans