Dog dies in Wiveton cottage blaze
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage near Holt on Saturday night.The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze at Wiveton.
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage at Wiveton on Saturday night.
The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze.
Fire crews from Holt and Sheringham tackled the barn conversion which was well alight when they arrived.
'We managed to contain it to one area near when it started in a lobby,' said Holt crew watch manager Tony Pointer.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty per cent of the single storey building was fire damaged, and all of it smoke damaged by the blaze, which he believed was started by an electrical fault.
The man who lived in the cottage was out when the fire broke out just after 9pm, but was alerted by neighbours who are helping him in the aftermath. Firemen remained at the scene until midnight.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased