Dog dies in Wiveton cottage blaze
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage near Holt on Saturday night.The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze at Wiveton.
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage at Wiveton on Saturday night.
The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze.
Fire crews from Holt and Sheringham tackled the barn conversion which was well alight when they arrived.
'We managed to contain it to one area near when it started in a lobby,' said Holt crew watch manager Tony Pointer.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty per cent of the single storey building was fire damaged, and all of it smoke damaged by the blaze, which he believed was started by an electrical fault.
The man who lived in the cottage was out when the fire broke out just after 9pm, but was alerted by neighbours who are helping him in the aftermath. Firemen remained at the scene until midnight.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water