Dog dies in Wiveton cottage blaze
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage near Holt on Saturday night.The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze at Wiveton.
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage at Wiveton on Saturday night.
The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze.
Fire crews from Holt and Sheringham tackled the barn conversion which was well alight when they arrived.
'We managed to contain it to one area near when it started in a lobby,' said Holt crew watch manager Tony Pointer.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty per cent of the single storey building was fire damaged, and all of it smoke damaged by the blaze, which he believed was started by an electrical fault.
The man who lived in the cottage was out when the fire broke out just after 9pm, but was alerted by neighbours who are helping him in the aftermath. Firemen remained at the scene until midnight.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car