Dog dies in Wiveton cottage blaze
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage near Holt on Saturday night.The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze at Wiveton.
A dog died in a fire which badly damaged a cottage at Wiveton on Saturday night.
The golden retriever was found by firemen who tried but failed to revive it in the blaze.
Fire crews from Holt and Sheringham tackled the barn conversion which was well alight when they arrived.
'We managed to contain it to one area near when it started in a lobby,' said Holt crew watch manager Tony Pointer.
Thirty per cent of the single storey building was fire damaged, and all of it smoke damaged by the blaze, which he believed was started by an electrical fault.
The man who lived in the cottage was out when the fire broke out just after 9pm, but was alerted by neighbours who are helping him in the aftermath. Firemen remained at the scene until midnight.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
- 8 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 9 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee