Discussions ongoing over former nightclub’s future
- Credit: Archant
The leaseholder of the former Bouncers nightclub in Cromer is in discussions with the building's owner over its future.
A spokesman for Bury St Edmunds based-brewery and pub retailer Greene King said: 'We took over the long-term lease of this building in 2015 as part of our wider acquisition of the Spirit Pub Company and since then have been in talks with the building's owner to discuss its future.'
The nightclub - in a prominent location next to the town's railway station on Cromer Road, closed down in 2015. The venue was previously known Buddies Bar, the Station House and Buffers.
The charity Sue Ryder wanted to turn it into a furniture-based charity shop in 2016, but this plan was later abandoned, and they moved into the former Cromer Shopping Centre building in Garden Street instead.
Since then there has been a lot of speculation about what would happen to the building, and one reader of this newspaper, Cecil Pitt of Holt, even suggested it should be turned into a comedy club.
-What do you think should happen to the building? Share your views in the comments below or submit a letter for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 8 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 9 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 10 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show