Dinner dance to recognise RNLI crew members’ service, including eighth-generation lifeboatman John Davies
- Credit: Archant
Several longstanding RNLI crew members retired this year, including eighth-generation lifeboatman John Davies.
And Cromer RNLI is holding a dinner dance at Northrepps Cottage on Saturday, November 17, from 7.30pm, to recognise their service.
RNLI spokeswoman Audrey Smith said: 'It would be good if more locals were able to attend the evening.'
Mr Davies, who left at the end of June, spent 36 years crewing and skippering RNLI lifeboats, and was the eighth generation of his family to have served on the lifeboats.
He was replaced by long-serving lifeboat crew members Ady Barker and Ady Woods, who worked their way up through the ranks from crew to coxswain, and share almost 50 years of service with the RNLI between them.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, which will include dinner, dancing, music and presentations, costing £25 per head, are available from Ady Woods at email@example.com, 07468898948, or Audrey Smith at Audrey_smith@rnli.org.uk.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck