New dialysis centre could be on the way for north Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been made for a new dialysis centre in North Walsham.
Norwich-based Holiday Dialysis Norfolk has applied to North Norfolk District Council for permission to turn a property in Folgate Road into a centre with one full-time and one part-time employee.
The application, written by Geanina Bondalici states: 'The clinic is aiming to treat four patients in the morning and four in the afternoon, being assisted by two staff per day.'
The centre would be open from 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday.
The premises has formerly been used as a trade counter unit with offices, and the applicants need to apply for a change of use classification from business (class B1) to clinic/heath centre (class D1).
You may also want to watch:
Dialysis, also called hemodialysis, is a procedure to remove waste products and excess fluid from the blood when the kidneys stop working properly.
It involves diverting blood to a machine to be cleaned.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen