‘Design would be out of character’
- Credit: Archant
I was interested to read Alan Young and Janet Munro's letters (North Norfolk News, April 26), talking about the proposed Victory Housing development on Knapton's Millennium Field.
In common with most residents, I would love more affordable homes in the village, but I do object to the designs that are now proposed, designs which would destroy the character of our village forever.
I was disappointed but not surprised to see another letter in the same edition from a tourist, saying how horrified he was by the impact of recent building schemes in the area, and that from now on he would be holidaying in the Cotswolds.
Some years ago North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) commissioned a detailed 'core strategy which specifically recommended building new houses in harmony with their surroundings. I beg the Council to follow this recommendation. Please don't make the post-war mistake of throwing up inappropriate housing estates in order to tick off government targets.
Good planning can make north Norfolk a delightful place to, live, work and holiday in.
Let's leave a legacy for future generations we can all be proud of in years to come.
MICHELLE DE VRIES
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled