‘Design would be out of character’
- Credit: Archant
I was interested to read Alan Young and Janet Munro's letters (North Norfolk News, April 26), talking about the proposed Victory Housing development on Knapton's Millennium Field.
In common with most residents, I would love more affordable homes in the village, but I do object to the designs that are now proposed, designs which would destroy the character of our village forever.
I was disappointed but not surprised to see another letter in the same edition from a tourist, saying how horrified he was by the impact of recent building schemes in the area, and that from now on he would be holidaying in the Cotswolds.
Some years ago North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) commissioned a detailed 'core strategy which specifically recommended building new houses in harmony with their surroundings. I beg the Council to follow this recommendation. Please don't make the post-war mistake of throwing up inappropriate housing estates in order to tick off government targets.
Good planning can make north Norfolk a delightful place to, live, work and holiday in.
Let's leave a legacy for future generations we can all be proud of in years to come.
MICHELLE DE VRIES
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'