Joy as dementia care home is named best in the country
- Credit: Archant
Mundesley care home Munhaven has been named the best dementia care home in the entire country.
Munhaven, which is run by NorseCare, won the accolade at the 10th National Dementia Care Awards.
Manager Alison Roberts said she was delighted with the win in the best dementia care home category.
She said: "This is amazing. It has been such an incredible year for us - the recognition is wonderful and I'm very lucky to have a staff team who are dedicated, sensitive and supportive of all the people who live at Munhaven.
"We are equally very thankful to the wider Mundesley community who are also a great support."
You may also want to watch:
The home, which cares for up to 20 people, was rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission in August.
Surraya Mahmood, NorseCare's activities and wellbeing co-ordinator, was also shortlisted as one of the top five activities co-ordinators for people with dementia in the country.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'