Offender serving time for spitting at officer admits supplying cannabis
- Credit: IAN BURT
A prisoner serving time for spitting in the face of a police officer has admitted dealing cannabis.
Dean Cope, 31, of Knight’s Green, Sheringham, appeared over a link from Norwich prison and admitted supplying cannabis to another between August 16, last year, and February 26, this year.
He also admitted possessing cannabis on July 9, 2020, with intent to supply.
Matthew Sorel-Cameron, prosecuting, said that Cope was involved in limited supply to others, for personal use.
The court heard that Cope was presently serving a six month sentence imposed in July, for assaulting a police officer and spitting in the face of another officer, in Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
Ian James, for Cope, asked for reports in the case.
Judge Andrew Shaw agreed to adjourn sentencing for reports until January 8, next year.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link