Offender serving time for spitting at officer admits supplying cannabis
- Credit: IAN BURT
A prisoner serving time for spitting in the face of a police officer has admitted dealing cannabis.
Dean Cope, 31, of Knight’s Green, Sheringham, appeared over a link from Norwich prison and admitted supplying cannabis to another between August 16, last year, and February 26, this year.
He also admitted possessing cannabis on July 9, 2020, with intent to supply.
Matthew Sorel-Cameron, prosecuting, said that Cope was involved in limited supply to others, for personal use.
The court heard that Cope was presently serving a six month sentence imposed in July, for assaulting a police officer and spitting in the face of another officer, in Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
Ian James, for Cope, asked for reports in the case.
Judge Andrew Shaw agreed to adjourn sentencing for reports until January 8, next year.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 8 Man in 30s in hospital after Mini crashes into tree
- 9 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed