Offender serving time for spitting at officer admits supplying cannabis
- Credit: IAN BURT
A prisoner serving time for spitting in the face of a police officer has admitted dealing cannabis.
Dean Cope, 31, of Knight’s Green, Sheringham, appeared over a link from Norwich prison and admitted supplying cannabis to another between August 16, last year, and February 26, this year.
He also admitted possessing cannabis on July 9, 2020, with intent to supply.
Matthew Sorel-Cameron, prosecuting, said that Cope was involved in limited supply to others, for personal use.
The court heard that Cope was presently serving a six month sentence imposed in July, for assaulting a police officer and spitting in the face of another officer, in Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
Ian James, for Cope, asked for reports in the case.
Judge Andrew Shaw agreed to adjourn sentencing for reports until January 8, next year.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 7 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show