Dashcam footage shows three young children dart in front of 7.5-tonne lorry
- Credit: www.gvdashcamfootage.com
A lorry driver has shared footage of the heart-stopping moment which could have left three schoolchildren fatally injured.
Dashcam footage from the 7.5-tonne vehicle shows three pupils in their school uniform dart into the road in front of the lorry on North Walsham Road, Coltishall.
The driver is forced to slam on his brakes, as the trio sprint back to the safety of the pavement.
A woman, thought to be the parent of at least one of the youngsters, is also seen chasing the children into the road.
She then holds both her hands up in an apology to the driver.
Another pedestrian behind the group stands with her hands covering her mouth in terror.
The driver, who was luckily only driving at around 30 miles an hour, managed to halt where the children had been just seconds before.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 3 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 4 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 5 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 6 School's 'shining light' ethos leads to fresh 'Good' grade
- 7 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 8 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
Having uploaded the clip to YouTube, the driver wrote: 'Kids run out in front of my 7.5-tonne fully-loaded lorry.
'I did stop and check on the kids and mum.
'They were all shaken by the near miss but, after a few minutes they were all fine and I went on my way.'
The incident took place at a crossroads on the northern side of Coltishall, on January the 30.
The video shows the incident took place just after 9.30am in the morning.