Dashcam footage shows three young children dart in front of 7.5-tonne lorry
- Credit: www.gvdashcamfootage.com
A lorry driver has shared footage of the heart-stopping moment which could have left three schoolchildren fatally injured.
Dashcam footage from the 7.5-tonne vehicle shows three pupils in their school uniform dart into the road in front of the lorry on North Walsham Road, Coltishall.
The driver is forced to slam on his brakes, as the trio sprint back to the safety of the pavement.
A woman, thought to be the parent of at least one of the youngsters, is also seen chasing the children into the road.
She then holds both her hands up in an apology to the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Another pedestrian behind the group stands with her hands covering her mouth in terror.
The driver, who was luckily only driving at around 30 miles an hour, managed to halt where the children had been just seconds before.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
Having uploaded the clip to YouTube, the driver wrote: 'Kids run out in front of my 7.5-tonne fully-loaded lorry.
'I did stop and check on the kids and mum.
'They were all shaken by the near miss but, after a few minutes they were all fine and I went on my way.'
The incident took place at a crossroads on the northern side of Coltishall, on January the 30.
The video shows the incident took place just after 9.30am in the morning.