Dashcam footage shows three young children dart in front of 7.5-tonne lorry
- Credit: www.gvdashcamfootage.com
A lorry driver has shared footage of the heart-stopping moment which could have left three schoolchildren fatally injured.
Dashcam footage from the 7.5-tonne vehicle shows three pupils in their school uniform dart into the road in front of the lorry on North Walsham Road, Coltishall.
The driver is forced to slam on his brakes, as the trio sprint back to the safety of the pavement.
A woman, thought to be the parent of at least one of the youngsters, is also seen chasing the children into the road.
She then holds both her hands up in an apology to the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Another pedestrian behind the group stands with her hands covering her mouth in terror.
The driver, who was luckily only driving at around 30 miles an hour, managed to halt where the children had been just seconds before.
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 5 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing
Having uploaded the clip to YouTube, the driver wrote: 'Kids run out in front of my 7.5-tonne fully-loaded lorry.
'I did stop and check on the kids and mum.
'They were all shaken by the near miss but, after a few minutes they were all fine and I went on my way.'
The incident took place at a crossroads on the northern side of Coltishall, on January the 30.
The video shows the incident took place just after 9.30am in the morning.