Dashcam footage shows three young children dart in front of 7.5-tonne lorry
- Credit: www.gvdashcamfootage.com
A lorry driver has shared footage of the heart-stopping moment which could have left three schoolchildren fatally injured.
Dashcam footage from the 7.5-tonne vehicle shows three pupils in their school uniform dart into the road in front of the lorry on North Walsham Road, Coltishall.
The driver is forced to slam on his brakes, as the trio sprint back to the safety of the pavement.
A woman, thought to be the parent of at least one of the youngsters, is also seen chasing the children into the road.
She then holds both her hands up in an apology to the driver.
Another pedestrian behind the group stands with her hands covering her mouth in terror.
The driver, who was luckily only driving at around 30 miles an hour, managed to halt where the children had been just seconds before.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 8 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 9 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light
- 10 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
Having uploaded the clip to YouTube, the driver wrote: 'Kids run out in front of my 7.5-tonne fully-loaded lorry.
'I did stop and check on the kids and mum.
'They were all shaken by the near miss but, after a few minutes they were all fine and I went on my way.'
The incident took place at a crossroads on the northern side of Coltishall, on January the 30.
The video shows the incident took place just after 9.30am in the morning.