Dangerous vehicles taken off North Walsham's roads
Victoria LeggettFive dangerous vehicles have been taken off North Walsham's roads following a crack down by police.Victoria Leggett
Five dangerous vehicles have been taken off North Walsham's roads following a crack down by police.
Drivers were stopped as part of an operation, which jointly targeted rogue traders and cars which were not deemed roadworthy.
Five vehicles were found in such a dangerous condition, there were immediately taken off the road.
In total, 21 drivers were stopped and 12 were found to be committing an offence of some sort.
You may also want to watch:
Fines were issued for having no MOT, vehicle defects, using a mobile phone while driving and a �500 penalty given out for using red diesel.
Another vehicle was seized and the driver given a ticket for driving without insurance.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham policing team, said: 'This was a highly successful operation and as a result we intend to hold a series of high impact days in the local area.
'Rogue traders will not be tolerated in this area or anywhere else in Norfolk and this operation shows we will take action against those offenders.'
To contact the North Walsham NPT, call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.