Dangerous vehicles taken off North Walsham's roads
Victoria LeggettFive dangerous vehicles have been taken off North Walsham's roads following a crack down by police.Victoria Leggett
Five dangerous vehicles have been taken off North Walsham's roads following a crack down by police.
Drivers were stopped as part of an operation, which jointly targeted rogue traders and cars which were not deemed roadworthy.
Five vehicles were found in such a dangerous condition, there were immediately taken off the road.
In total, 21 drivers were stopped and 12 were found to be committing an offence of some sort.
You may also want to watch:
Fines were issued for having no MOT, vehicle defects, using a mobile phone while driving and a �500 penalty given out for using red diesel.
Another vehicle was seized and the driver given a ticket for driving without insurance.
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 9 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham policing team, said: 'This was a highly successful operation and as a result we intend to hold a series of high impact days in the local area.
'Rogue traders will not be tolerated in this area or anywhere else in Norfolk and this operation shows we will take action against those offenders.'
To contact the North Walsham NPT, call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.