Dancing fan Sophie joins News team at Cromer
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Ballroom dancing fan Sophie Biddle is the latest young journalist to waltz into the News' reporting team.
During her time at Leicester University she was the ballroom dancing society vice-captain and represented the campus at an inter-college event at Blackpool Winter Gardens.
Lowestoft-born Sophie went to school in the town and did A levels at East Norfolk College in Gorleston.
But two years into her Spanish and English degree at university she did work experience for the News' sister paper the EDP in Norwich. When a trainee vacancy came up, she successfully applied, and made a career change.
She celebrated her 21st birthday while at journalism college in Newcastle, has done spells in the newsrooms at Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Beccles, and is looking forward to working in north Norfolk where she fondly remembers making family day trips as a child.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie lives in Norwich and her other main hobby currently is learning to play the ukulele.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck