Obedient pooch needed to complete stellar summer cast
- Credit: Archant
Wanted – a friendly, relaxed and obedient actor, with four legs, a waggy tail and a cold, wet nose.
The hunt is on for a canine cast member to complete a stage family during Sheringham Little Theatre's summer season.
He or she will be one of the stars of the Ray Cooney farce Wife Begins at Forty.
The performing pooch, and their owner, need to be available for performances between August 22-29 and a few days beforehand for rehearsals.
The dog – who will play Gertie - will have several cameo appearances during the play.
You may also want to watch:
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Gertie has to jump on the sofa and sit quietly. No singing, dancing or lines to learn and no stage experience needed - just to do as it's told and tuck into some titbits.'
The dog should be small to medium size and not a barker.
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 4 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 5 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 6 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 9 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 10 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
contact her at Debbie@sheringhamlittletheatre.co.uk or the box-office on 01263 833347.