Obedient pooch needed to complete stellar summer cast
- Credit: Archant
Wanted – a friendly, relaxed and obedient actor, with four legs, a waggy tail and a cold, wet nose.
The hunt is on for a canine cast member to complete a stage family during Sheringham Little Theatre's summer season.
He or she will be one of the stars of the Ray Cooney farce Wife Begins at Forty.
The performing pooch, and their owner, need to be available for performances between August 22-29 and a few days beforehand for rehearsals.
The dog – who will play Gertie - will have several cameo appearances during the play.
You may also want to watch:
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Gertie has to jump on the sofa and sit quietly. No singing, dancing or lines to learn and no stage experience needed - just to do as it's told and tuck into some titbits.'
The dog should be small to medium size and not a barker.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
contact her at Debbie@sheringhamlittletheatre.co.uk or the box-office on 01263 833347.