Obedient pooch needed to complete stellar summer cast
- Credit: Archant
Wanted – a friendly, relaxed and obedient actor, with four legs, a waggy tail and a cold, wet nose.
The hunt is on for a canine cast member to complete a stage family during Sheringham Little Theatre's summer season.
He or she will be one of the stars of the Ray Cooney farce Wife Begins at Forty.
The performing pooch, and their owner, need to be available for performances between August 22-29 and a few days beforehand for rehearsals.
The dog – who will play Gertie - will have several cameo appearances during the play.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Gertie has to jump on the sofa and sit quietly. No singing, dancing or lines to learn and no stage experience needed - just to do as it's told and tuck into some titbits.'
The dog should be small to medium size and not a barker.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 9 Neighbouring Tescos band together to purchase lifesaving device
- 10 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
contact her at Debbie@sheringhamlittletheatre.co.uk or the box-office on 01263 833347.