Obedient pooch needed to complete stellar summer cast
- Credit: Archant
Wanted – a friendly, relaxed and obedient actor, with four legs, a waggy tail and a cold, wet nose.
The hunt is on for a canine cast member to complete a stage family during Sheringham Little Theatre's summer season.
He or she will be one of the stars of the Ray Cooney farce Wife Begins at Forty.
The performing pooch, and their owner, need to be available for performances between August 22-29 and a few days beforehand for rehearsals.
The dog – who will play Gertie - will have several cameo appearances during the play.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Gertie has to jump on the sofa and sit quietly. No singing, dancing or lines to learn and no stage experience needed - just to do as it's told and tuck into some titbits.'
The dog should be small to medium size and not a barker.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
contact her at Debbie@sheringhamlittletheatre.co.uk or the box-office on 01263 833347.