Customer service the focus of free workshop for north Norfolk business owners
- Credit: North Norfolk District Council
Improving customer service will be the focus of a free workshop open to business owners across north Norfolk.
North Norfolk District Council is hosting the event at its headquarters in Cromer's Holt Road. The session will be led by Richard Voisey of business support organisation NWES.
The workshop is aimed at businesses which interact with customers either face to face or via the telephone and will offer advice on handling customer complaints and creating opportunities for positive feedback.
Nigel Dixon, the council's cabinet member for business and economic development, said: 'This free course is great for new and existing business owners to understand how they can deliver exceptional service that will ensure customers leave shops, cafes and businesses in north Norfolk feeling like their custom is valued, encouraging them to return.'
The event will take place on Wednesday, January 31 from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To book, email email@example.com
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s