Cromers GPs seeking new base
DOCTORS at Cromer are seeking a new £1.5m surgery after long-standing plans to switch them to the rebuilt hospital were scrapped.The Overstrand Road practice was built in the 1960s and has been extended three times, but is struggling to cope with the 12,500-patient workload.
DOCTORS at Cromer are seeking a new £1.5m surgery after long-standing plans to switch them
to the rebuilt hospital were scrapped.
The Overstrand Road practice was built in the 1960s and has been extended three times, but is struggling to cope with the 12,500-patient workload.
Senior partner Alasdair Lennox said there had been talk for many years about possible relocation on the new hospital site.
You may also want to watch:
But as details of the new Cromer hospital were firmed up Norfolk
and Norwich University Hospital officials had now decided against it.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
Now the move was “definitely not happening” the practice needed to enlarge its facilities - preferably on the current site, but all options were being looked at.
A meeting of the NHS Norfolk board heard initial plans for Cromer were part of a major wave of surgery improvements across the county amounting to £10m over five
Meanwhile the plans for a new £26m hospital at Cromer have been lodged with planning officials and councillors are likely to debate the long-awaited rebuild early in the new year, while health bosses will look at a detailed business case, and a start made on construction, in the middle of 2009.
VISIONOFTHEFUTURE: An artist's impression of the new £26m hospital at Cromer.