Cromer teenager attacked by four-man gang
A teenager was run down by a car then assaulted by four men who jumped out of it at Cromer over the weekend.The 16-year-old student was left shocked and battered by the unprovoked attack near a corner shop in the Suffield Park suburb.
A teenager was run down by a car then assaulted by four men who jumped out of it at Cromer over the weekend.
The 16-year-old student was left shocked and battered by the unprovoked attack near a corner shop in the Suffield Park suburb.
He was thrown on to the bonnet of a Vauxhall Cavalier, and when he picked himself up was set upon by the men in Cliff Road.
The youngster from North Walsham said one of the
You may also want to watch:
men accused him of following him around the Spar shop
just after 8.30pm on
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
"I told him I was not, but he threatened to beat me up outside the shop. When I got outside, the car pulled up
and they shouted abuse.
"I was ignoring them when the car hit me from behind at about 15-20mph. I went on to the bonnet, and when I rolled up and stood up, the car stopped and they got out and came towards me.
"An older guy hit me in the face, then hit a couple of my mates. Then he started to grab and pull me along while the others hit me. I took about nine punches."
After the attackers left the scene, the teenage victim, an
A-level student at Paston College, was left with disturbed vision, a cut cheek, bruising and grazes which were treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police are checking shop CCTV footage, but are appealing for witnesses.
The car was a blue or green Cavalier.
The attackers included a man in his 20s with a light shirt
and brown hair, and an older man in his 40s with grey hair and light brown shirt and jeans.
Anyone who can help should contact Cromer police on 0845 456 4567.