Cromer teenager attacked by four-man gang
A teenager was run down by a car then assaulted by four men who jumped out of it at Cromer over the weekend.The 16-year-old student was left shocked and battered by the unprovoked attack near a corner shop in the Suffield Park suburb.
A teenager was run down by a car then assaulted by four men who jumped out of it at Cromer over the weekend.
The 16-year-old student was left shocked and battered by the unprovoked attack near a corner shop in the Suffield Park suburb.
He was thrown on to the bonnet of a Vauxhall Cavalier, and when he picked himself up was set upon by the men in Cliff Road.
The youngster from North Walsham said one of the
You may also want to watch:
men accused him of following him around the Spar shop
just after 8.30pm on
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 4 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
"I told him I was not, but he threatened to beat me up outside the shop. When I got outside, the car pulled up
and they shouted abuse.
"I was ignoring them when the car hit me from behind at about 15-20mph. I went on to the bonnet, and when I rolled up and stood up, the car stopped and they got out and came towards me.
"An older guy hit me in the face, then hit a couple of my mates. Then he started to grab and pull me along while the others hit me. I took about nine punches."
After the attackers left the scene, the teenage victim, an
A-level student at Paston College, was left with disturbed vision, a cut cheek, bruising and grazes which were treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police are checking shop CCTV footage, but are appealing for witnesses.
The car was a blue or green Cavalier.
The attackers included a man in his 20s with a light shirt
and brown hair, and an older man in his 40s with grey hair and light brown shirt and jeans.
Anyone who can help should contact Cromer police on 0845 456 4567.