Music night raises cash for little boy with heart defect
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers who enjoyed a night of Northern soul have helped a little boy with a congenital heart defect.
Trevor 'Half-Nelson' Bailey, one of the organisers of the Cromer Soul Club event on September 1, presented a cheque for £702.50 to Kyra Welch, mum of five-year-old Kaiden Griffin, who has defied doctors' expectations to reach the age of five.
Miss Welch, who is from North Creake, near Fakenham, and now lives in Holt, said: 'We've had some really amazing support and with soul club raising money it goes towards supporting children like Kaiden. We're really grateful for it.'
Mr Bailey said more than 120 people were at the fundraising night.
He said: 'Cromer Soul Club decided we'd like to make our events charitable, and Kaiden's Big Fight [his charity] was chosen because he's local to Holt, and it's a very worthy cause. We'll continue to raise money as long as we've got the interest.'
You may also want to watch:
The next Northern soul night at Cromer Soul Club will take place on Saturday, December 15 from 7.30pm.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder