Music night raises cash for little boy with heart defect
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers who enjoyed a night of Northern soul have helped a little boy with a congenital heart defect.
Trevor 'Half-Nelson' Bailey, one of the organisers of the Cromer Soul Club event on September 1, presented a cheque for £702.50 to Kyra Welch, mum of five-year-old Kaiden Griffin, who has defied doctors' expectations to reach the age of five.
Miss Welch, who is from North Creake, near Fakenham, and now lives in Holt, said: 'We've had some really amazing support and with soul club raising money it goes towards supporting children like Kaiden. We're really grateful for it.'
Mr Bailey said more than 120 people were at the fundraising night.
He said: 'Cromer Soul Club decided we'd like to make our events charitable, and Kaiden's Big Fight [his charity] was chosen because he's local to Holt, and it's a very worthy cause. We'll continue to raise money as long as we've got the interest.'
You may also want to watch:
The next Northern soul night at Cromer Soul Club will take place on Saturday, December 15 from 7.30pm.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall