‘I feel like a completely different person’- slimmer goes from size 22 to 10
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost 7st 9.5lbs said she started slimming after a family picture made her cry.
Stevie Mitchell, 28, has gone from weighing 19st 6.5lbs to 11st 8.5lbs in just 33 weeks.
The mother-of-two, from Links Avenue, Cromer, said: "The thing that triggered me slimming was a picture staff at the Santa's Special in Cromer took.
"I thought it was going to be a really nice family picture. But when I saw myself I cried my eyes out. I did not show the picture to my partner for ages."
The teaching assistant at Roughton Primary School said she had always been "big" and was "overweight" as a child.
You may also want to watch:
But she's now determined to keep to her new weight, and even to lose more.
"I would like to lose another 1st. I have got a plan I will have to follow for life now.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
"I feel like a completely different person. The amount of energy I have now is unreal."
She lives with partner Louis and her children Liam, nine, and Macie, five, and attends the Swimming World club in Cromer.
Jane Keil, Slimming World consultant Cromer and Badersfield, said: "We celebrated our woman of the year last week and this lovely lady was a winner.
"She joined just 33 weeks ago and has dropped from a size 22 to a size 10.
"She walked into my group very shy and concerned about what slimming was all about, but after a little care she got off to a flying start, losing 10lb in her first week, and she's not looked back since. Stevie is now a key member of the group and very inspirational to others."