‘I feel like a completely different person’- slimmer goes from size 22 to 10
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost 7st 9.5lbs said she started slimming after a family picture made her cry.
Stevie Mitchell, 28, has gone from weighing 19st 6.5lbs to 11st 8.5lbs in just 33 weeks.
The mother-of-two, from Links Avenue, Cromer, said: "The thing that triggered me slimming was a picture staff at the Santa's Special in Cromer took.
"I thought it was going to be a really nice family picture. But when I saw myself I cried my eyes out. I did not show the picture to my partner for ages."
The teaching assistant at Roughton Primary School said she had always been "big" and was "overweight" as a child.
But she's now determined to keep to her new weight, and even to lose more.
"I would like to lose another 1st. I have got a plan I will have to follow for life now.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 8 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
"I feel like a completely different person. The amount of energy I have now is unreal."
She lives with partner Louis and her children Liam, nine, and Macie, five, and attends the Swimming World club in Cromer.
Jane Keil, Slimming World consultant Cromer and Badersfield, said: "We celebrated our woman of the year last week and this lovely lady was a winner.
"She joined just 33 weeks ago and has dropped from a size 22 to a size 10.
"She walked into my group very shy and concerned about what slimming was all about, but after a little care she got off to a flying start, losing 10lb in her first week, and she's not looked back since. Stevie is now a key member of the group and very inspirational to others."