‘I feel like a completely different person’- slimmer goes from size 22 to 10
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost 7st 9.5lbs said she started slimming after a family picture made her cry.
Stevie Mitchell, 28, has gone from weighing 19st 6.5lbs to 11st 8.5lbs in just 33 weeks.
The mother-of-two, from Links Avenue, Cromer, said: "The thing that triggered me slimming was a picture staff at the Santa's Special in Cromer took.
"I thought it was going to be a really nice family picture. But when I saw myself I cried my eyes out. I did not show the picture to my partner for ages."
The teaching assistant at Roughton Primary School said she had always been "big" and was "overweight" as a child.
You may also want to watch:
But she's now determined to keep to her new weight, and even to lose more.
"I would like to lose another 1st. I have got a plan I will have to follow for life now.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
"I feel like a completely different person. The amount of energy I have now is unreal."
She lives with partner Louis and her children Liam, nine, and Macie, five, and attends the Swimming World club in Cromer.
Jane Keil, Slimming World consultant Cromer and Badersfield, said: "We celebrated our woman of the year last week and this lovely lady was a winner.
"She joined just 33 weeks ago and has dropped from a size 22 to a size 10.
"She walked into my group very shy and concerned about what slimming was all about, but after a little care she got off to a flying start, losing 10lb in her first week, and she's not looked back since. Stevie is now a key member of the group and very inspirational to others."