Cromer school children inspire green holiday programme
Youngsters in north Norfolk have helped inspire a new eco-friendly holiday programme.
The children are the inspiration for a new brochure of responsible and sustainable holidays from The Co-operative Travel.
Eleanor Ground from Mundesley Junior School, and Rory Porter Davies from Antingham and Soutrepps Primary School, both aged 10, were amongst 1,750 students across 50 schools UK-wide that were visited by the holiday retailer, which had produced an education programme that teachers could slot in to the curriculum
Each student produced a scrapbook in which they recorded their activities during the holidays, along with how they altered their behaviour in a bid to make their holiday 'greener'.
Rory and Eleanor are two of only seven youngsters whose scrapbooks inspired the new 'EcoKids' holiday programme. Both were rewarded with �30 of Waterstones vouchers for their submissions.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters' top tips have informed 10 eco-friendly holidays available through the new programme from The Co-operative Travel, with highlights from the winning scrapbooks showcased throughout the new brochure.
Jane Witherington, commercial and market development manager at The Co-operative Travel Trading Group, said: 'We wanted to really understand what young people wanted from a holiday, and found that green issues are really important to them.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
'By producing this selection of holidays we are giving them a chance to make themselves heard, as we look to protect the holiday destinations that we take for granted so our children and their children can enjoy them for years to come.'
A copy of the brochure can be downloaded from www.co-operativetravel.co.uk/ecokids